Date: On-demand; Venue: Virtual/Online
For the past 5 consecutive years, High Yield for AFP Success has been the UK’s only evidence-based national teaching programme for the Academic Foundation Programme, delivered by top academic clinicians in the UK, with 100s of successful candidates, ranking top 10 in the UK in competitive regions, including London and Oxbridge. One of our last year’s candidates scored 100% in the interview! Our outcomes have been presented at the International Medical Education Conference (IMEC) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and published in multiple peer-reviewed journals (Khajuria et al, 2017; Nadama et al, 2019; Lee et al, 2020), with Mr Khajuria being nominated for the UK ASME Young Medical Educator Award, Teaching Innovation and Excellence Prize and winning the Imperial Teaching Hero Award. Mr Khajuria was also invited as guest lecturer at Imperial College London to lecture on the AFP and has produced Youtube videos which have amassed roughly 40,000 views. We have also published the best-selling “AFP Secrets” Textbook that has sold over 300 copies, and thus have expertise in delivering the best content to our delegates.
Publications #2: Utility of webinars to educate students on the AFP
Publications #3: Critical Appraisal Teaching Programme
It’s aim is to provide prospective candidates with non-generic, high yield guidance with focus on the individual application components – advice on white space questions, interviews and sessions on critical appraisal, emergencies, portfolios and CV building. The unique aspect of this course is the focus on helping students develop strategies/frameworks for articulating their approach to common clinical scenarios as well as on how to provide succinct summaries on academic papers – the ‘high yield’ that will score points! We will also go through how to maximise your score in the white-space section and have Q&A sessions providing ample opportunities for prospective candidates to seek advice from the current academic clinicians. The teaching will be delivered by successful AFP and ACF candidates from around the UK who have a track record of excellence, prizes and publications in high impact journals including Lancet and Lancet Oncology. We will also have a past AFP examiner (guest speaker), give an examiner’s perspective on how to succeed.
Other unique features:
- Full programme recorded – watch on demand!
- Comprehensive delegate pack with past stations and model answers (one of our abstracts in last year’s pack was the same as what students got in the real thing!)
- Guest speaker – Dr Channa Jayasena (AFP Examiner)
- Live demonstration of a simulated AFP clinical and academic interview by the HighYield UK Team (Dr Khajuria & Dr Ho)
- White Space Editing Service (additional – see separate link)
- High Yield advice from top scoring AFP candidates with track record of academic excellence
- Experienced team – the course is in its 6th consecutive year, with past delegates obtaining some of the best jobs in the country
- Multiple Q&A sessions
- Virtual platform – All from the comfort of your homes – no time/money spent on travelling!
- Networking + opportunities to be part of ongoing research at the High Yield Research Collaborative led by Mr Khajuria (ResearchGate).
What Our Students Say
Incredible course! Thank you to the CST Secrets Team – the course was key in me ranking 7th in the UK. The frameworks and structures provided in the lectures and the delegate pack were fantastic and made me feel so confident going into the interview. Every possible scenario was comprehensively covered. I highly recommend the course to anyone who wants focused, high yield preparation and to ace the interview.