Date: On-demand (access anytime!); Venue: Virtual/Online
1) Mock Interview ONLY – 30 minutes
2) On-demand AFP Programme – Mock interview, 5+ hours of video content of entire programme, mock video demonstration by Dr Khajuria, 90-page delegate pack with past stations. Video content – Clinical, academic, ethics, virtual interview optimisation, AFP experiences and more!
3) One-to-one mentorship package – 1 to 1 coaching and mentoring sessions by Dr Khajuria (5 x 1 hours), covering all aspects of the application, mock interviews/vivas with clinical/academic/personal/ethics questions based on past scenarios; each session recorded; access to Dr Khajuria’s personal email for any queries until the interview day
For the past 7 consecutive years, High Yield for AFP Success has been the UK’s only evidence-based national teaching programme for the Academic Foundation Programme, delivered by top academic clinicians in the UK, with 100s of successful candidates, ranking top 10 in the UK in competitive regions, including London and Oxbridge. Many of our last year’s candidates scored 100% in the interview, and our delegates ranked 3rd, 6th and 8th in the UK in the most competitive programmes, including London/Oxbridge! Our outcomes have been presented at the International Medical Education Conference (IMEC) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and published in multiple peer-reviewed journals (Khajuria A et al, 2017; Nadama H et al, 2019; Lee A et al, 2020; Zielinska A et al, 2021), with Mr Khajuria being nominated for the UK ASME Young Medical Educator Award, Teaching Innovation and Excellence Prize and winning the Imperial Teaching Hero Award.
Testimony 1. Dr Nina Cooper (Former AFP Trainee and Top 10-ranked Candidate in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at University College London)
Testimony 2. Dr Sashi Ganes, Academic Cardiology Trainee, Imperial College London. Ranked 3rd out of ~700 candidates in the UK AFP Application process 2020 in London
The High Yield Programme will deliver all you need to know to rank Top 10 in programmes around the UK, focussing on each aspect of the application process, We will provide you critical feedback on your interview technique prior to your actual interview. We also have had many past delegates who have attended as early as in their 3rd year, to get a head-start, including from outside the UK. You will also have access to 5 hours+ video content on all aspects of the application process, including how to efficiently present abstracts, clinical scenarios as well as a lecture by one of our guest lecturers who sits on the interview panel. We will also provide a mock interview video demonstration of the interview, undertaken by our Founder, Mr Khajuria, who has trained over 1000 students on interview technique for competitive job applications.
- 5+ hours of video content – watch on demand!
- Comprehensive 90-page delegate pack with past stations and model answers (one of our abstracts in last year’s pack was the same as what students got in the real thing!)
- Video demonstration of a simulated AFP clinical and academic interview by the HighYield UK Team (Dr Khajuria & Dr Ho)
- Mock interviews with critical feedback
- Video lecture on how to optimise for a virtual interview and body language
We have only 3 spots left for the bespoke one-to-one AFP Mentorship package. This represents the most exclusive and highest level of one-to-one, individualized and continuous support that High Yield UK provide. This includes:
- 1-on-1 virtual mentoring sessions with Mr Khajuria (5 x 1 hour), scheduled at whatever stage the mentee chooses along the application pathway, covering all aspect of the application, including mock interviews.
- Each session, Mr Khajuria will conduct mock interview/viva sessions with clinical/academic/personal/ethics questions based on past scenarios.
- Each session will be recorded and you will get invaluable insight on how to optimize for a virtual interview
- Holistic mentoring: Mr Khajuria will act as a mentor to all students on this plan who will have access to his personal email address; he will be available to answer any queries they may have throughout the process.
The 3 spots will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Last year’s mentees of Mr Khajuria all scored highly in the application process (feedback below):
“I signed up for 5 interview practice sessions with Dr Khajuria. I found these sessions the most helpful way of practicing and I felt they had the greatest impact on my interview performance. Dr Khajuria builds on what you learn in the High Yield course and gives personalized tips both on the content of interview questions and on your style of answering questions. The mock interviews cover a range of possible questions and a breadth of clinical scenarios that I couldn’t find from other resources. The feedback you get from each mock interview is extensive and superior to any other mock interviews I did. He is very knowledgable, academically and clinically, and was able to answer any questions that I had. In summary, the mentorship programme was well worth the price and significantly improved my ability and confidence at interview. I would highly recommend it to anyone.” (Dr Jamie Badenoch, who ranked highly in the London AFP)